Wednesday, March 12, 2014
When you consistently put on too many pounds, you will more than likely experience the negative physical health effects of obesity. Some of the more serious ones include:
- High blood pressure. Normal blood pressure is 120 over 80. When the top-level reading (systolic pressure) exceeds 140 or the lower-level reading (diastolic pressure) exceeds 90 then you are looking at a condition known as hypertension commonly called high blood pressure. This condition is one of the effects of obesity that can lead to stroke, kidney failure, and heart disease.
- Type 2 diabetes. This is one of the effects of obesity caused by high blood sugar levels and insulin resistance. You are looking at a myriad of other conditions to include heart disease, limb amputation, the onset of blindness, and kidney disease.
- Heart disease. This is a general classification of several conditions related to the effects of obesity and problems with the heart or the blood vessels that take blood to it. A person with heart disease can have problems such as narrow, hardened, and in some cases blocked arteries which could lead to a heart attack and/or death. Other problems related to heart disease include heart rhythm that is abnormal and angina.
- Fatty liver disease. Your liver can be damaged when fat builds up around it. If it is allowed to continue to build up it could lead to the potentially fatal condition of cirrhosis or outright liver failure.
- Too much stress is related to high blood pressure
- Eating “comfort” foods loaded with sugar can lead to Type 2 Diabetes
- Smoking to relieve stress leads to heart disease
- Heavy drinking to cheer up eventually leads to fatty liver disease
- Climbing the stairs as opposed to riding the elevator
- Walking to places a short distance from your home rather than driving
- Riding your bicycle to replace walking
- Prepare lunches the night before
- Iron your clothes in batches or the previous night
- Set out everything you need before the next morning
- Always put items such as car keys in the same place when you get home
Sunday, March 9, 2014
1. Stop eating foods with added sugar.
2. Stop eating starchy foods (cereals , bread, potatoes , rice, etc)
3. Stop eating processed carbohydrates (bread, pasta, cereal, etc.)
4. Specifically avoid foods “low fat”, almost always replace the fat with sugar.
1. Eating more fresh vegetables, berries, nuts and some fresh fruit.
Sure you get plenty of fiber , fat and protein. They slow down digestion and make you fill full longer and help avoid hunger.
This type of diet is good for your whole family. Get your kids to eat healthy now started to not turn into fat .
2. Exercise with your children.
For exercise, the most effective fat loss is strength training. Take walks, hiking, jogging, etc. make it a game. Go bicycling together, play football, whatever. You get to spend some quality time with the kids and help establish a healthy routine of exercise for them .
For many children today only exercise their thumbs (X -box , PlayStation , etc. )
You and your children may find that you really enjoy exercise together . I often see families jogging or biking, younger children tend to have big smiles on their faces.
3. You need not go to the gym.
If you have time , the best exercises to do are strength training .You can probably start with body weight exercises, or running for lose weight.
4. Calisthenics works just as well as weights : squats , lunges , planks, etc. You do not all have to do these all at once .
5. Do some pushups, then tidy up a bit , make some tables, and then start working on dinner, etc. The boards are a great way to get rid of the feeling of hunger .
Source: Tips Weight loss fast
Studies show that the longer you spend sitting , the greater your chances of having a heart attack or stroke .
As for weight loss , the diet is much more important than the exercise. It is often said that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise.
While it is possible to lose weight without exercise , it is not possible to exercise a bad diet.
You should fix your diet! Reduce/eliminate sugars and processed carbohydrates. Eat more fresh vegetables and some fresh fruit. Eat foods high in fiber, fat and/or protein and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrates .
Choosing a exercise as jogging, yoga, bicycling, play football or whatever you like.
Google ” glycemic index ” and try to stick with foods that have a low glycemic index , the lower the better.
Absolute don’t use ” diet pills ” because 99 % of “diet pills” do not work and those that do work for weight loss cause more harm than fat. Some of them can kill ( people have died from taking ” diet pills ‘ )
Source: The best weight loss tips
Friday, February 24, 2012
Cholesterol is a frightening disease because it has absolutely no expression but caused terrible cardiovascular complications. However, the room unless it is very simple.
Green sprouts: help push cholesterol out
Green beans is inherently a good cholesterol lowering food prices up during germ, vitamin C may be higher than 6.7 times the concentration of capital in the green beans. University of vitamin C can promote the excretion of cholesterol, prevent cholesterol buildup in the artery wall.
Fiber in green sprouts can help eliminate the waste in the body, may also be associated with cholesterol metabolism and cholesterol into cholic acid elimination from the body, thereby reducing low-level cholesterol.
Sweet cool green sprouts, rich in water, can also reduce the day, food is indispensable in reducing fat, regulate fat.
Apples: absorb excess cholesterol
Apples are "fat reduction" that we least expect to, work to reduce the fat of apples from the apple pectin rich, this is a water-soluble fiber, can combine with bile acids, like sponges to absorb excess cholesterol and helps eliminate it from the body.
Pectin can also be combined with other substances such as vitamin C, sugar to lower cholesterol, thereby enhancing the effectiveness of blood to the body fat.
In addition, acetic acid apples resolution is also beneficial for the resolution of cholesterol exchange and triglycerides.
Salmon: reduce Triglycerides (triglycerides)
The rich salmon contain unsaturated fatty acids, may lower blood levels of triglycerides, and can enhance elasticity to blood vessels. In freshwater fish, carp are also introduced with food to reduce cholesterol.
Carp despite high fat, but mostly unsaturated fatty acids, can help all except "filth" in the blood vessels, lower cholesterol.
Chicken without the skin: the majority can reduce fat
Compared with red meat such as pigs, cows and goats, the meat and poultry (white meat) contain many unsaturated fatty acids, more preferable to those with abnormal blood fat levels.
However, when eating poultry without the skin must be given, in which chicken is the best protein sources, after the skin, the majority can eliminate the amount of fat, the meat is first choice in the type poultry.
Meat of ducks, though perhaps without the skin, but still quite large amounts of fat, eat less.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
Every day we come across various weight loss programs that calls for promising fitness, weight loss, heart healthy obesity control programs and lots more. But most of them fail to reach the goal making people lose interest in the fitness programs as a whole. Every individual has a unique body composition, before you take up any sort of weight loss program consult your dietician for advice. Normally a high protein diet or antioxidant diet supported with a regular practice of yoga and meditation works well to reduce weight as the calories are burnt in the right phase putting you into the right shape.
Acai berry a best source of antioxidants and a super fruit acts effective to keep up bodily fitness. Components of acai berry include vitamins, minerals, xanthones, amino acids, proteins, anthocyanins, essential fatty acids and omega fats that are heart healthy. As this fruit comprises of all the nutrients and is termed as “Super food”. Other best source of antioxidants includes grape fruit, green tea, kelp, apple cider vinegar, strawberries, kiwi, peach, etc.
Benefits of acai berry fruit
Heart healthy food: Acai berry found to be the best source of weight loss agent helps to reduce the deposits of fat and cholesterol deposits thus increasing the rates of metabolism. Acai berry juice included in your diet acts effectively to trigger the calories that are burnt throughout the day, melting fat away.
Healthy Skin: Acai berry rich in antioxidants helps to keep up good skin health avoiding premature aging signs, giving your skin the fresh look with natural glow, softness and suppleness. Your skin replicates your body health and wellness, the more wrinkled, rough and dull skin shows that your body lacks the needful natural source of nutrients. While a health glowing skin shows a good health and sufficient nutrient that is adequate for the body.
· A glass of acai juice once in the morning empty stomach, followed by a breakfast of fruit salad, whole bread sandwich and omelets.
· Along with your afternoon meal of roti and dhal or a cup of rice with cooked mixed vegetables.
· A glass at before your bet time after the dinner meal of a vegetable salad, roti and dhal.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
aving and drain off the essential nutrients that our body needs to keep up good health.
It is suggested that patients who suffer from mesothelioma must understand their severity and the level of cancer attack and must choose their food with guidance from doctor. Generally protein food stuff helps to repair the damage of cell by methods of surgery or radiation treatment. Some of the best food stuff that are more important for patients who suffer from mesothelioma are milk, ice cream, eggs, nuts, meat, fish, peanut butter and cheese. Get to know the list of food stuff that is to be avoided that is harmful, triggering the growth of the cancerous cells worsening the case.
Food rich in fat also support to cure mesothelioma as they are more effective to accumulate energy acting to enhance your energy level during radiation treatment as well as chemotherapy. Some of the food stuff rich in fat include honey, granola, dried fruits, milk and butter acts as a supporting food stuff while treating mesothelioma via chemotherapy. Diet can include fresh vegetables, potatoes; herbs, sandwiches, cereals, and other food stuff supply the right calories and proteins necessary for your body.
Raw food diet can also support you to treat the cancer cells causing Mesothelioma that strengthens your body to stay fit. Along with the right diet you need to follow the right form of diet pills and drugs that are prescribed during the period of treatment to cure mesothelioma. The right food suitable to heal mesothelioma reduces the symptoms starting with the cell repairing process. Diet pills and the right treatment procedures followed by regular exercising helps to cure the cancerous disease reducing the effects of the cancer cells. Food helps soothe the effects of cancer is highly recommended including ginger as a medicinal one to reduce the infectious cells from spreading.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
The food that you eat is responsible for the health and fitness and this healthy food includes fresh fruits and vegetables and it is important to follow a balanced diet plan to obtain all the necessary nutrients for the body. There was a time when all the people gave too much vitality to the health by consuming healthy foods but with the changing times, people have minimum time left for tending to the needs of the body and survive on unhealthy fast food also called junk food. These foods are prepared in such a way that it lures the people into eating them without realizing the harmful effects that they bring about. Following are the negative effects of eating junk food.
- The nitrates, nitrites and artificial sweeteners are added in the processed meat to preserve it. These compounds increase the blood flow and can cause a possible migraine attack which may sometimes become unbearable.
- A single cola is said to contain as many as ten teaspoons of sugar which is quite harmful to those who follow a weight loss and diabetes is also a possible harm it can cause.
- The other junk food like pizzas and burgers contain too much of Trans fats which can cause obesity in men. There are least nutrients in these junk foods and are loaded with calories.
- The amounts of cholesterol in the hydrogenated oil content present in the junk food makes it more harmful as the cholesterol can accrue up in the arteries and can cause a blockage. When this condition reaches extreme levels, it can result in heart attack which can even be fatal.
- Possibilities of cancers are also heavy and this fact can be attributed to the chemical preservatives and artificial flavors that are added to enhance the taste of these foods.
- When children and adults consume too much of junk food, cases like clinical depression can also occur which can become quite an issue to handle. Depression can further lead to various complications in the health.
- There are also studies that have suggested that the excessive consumption of junk food can lead to brain anomalies that are related to Alzheimer’s disease.
- The huge amount of salts present in the fast foods can also give rise to a raised blood pressure apart from the other heart related diseases. The sodium present in these foods can cause water retention too.
- It can also be said that eating junk foods is entirely useless. Except satisfying your hunger, it does nothing good as there are no nutrients in them that are required for one’s health.
- The fat that is built up around the liver can cause serious damage to the liver too.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Are you a foodie by choice, but is restricted by dietary limits? Do you always need to keep in mind the health benefits of a particular meal before enjoying its taste? If you are likely to offer an unwilling nod to the above-mentioned questions then, worry not, as seafood recipes come forward as your rescue dish. Yes, surprising it might sound to you, but seafood like, shrimps and clams are known to offer several health benefits alongside adding a tang to your taste buds. Therefore, next time you are struggling to come up with something different on your dinner table conforming to health benefits, think seafood.
Well, shrimps and clams, though small are known to offer immense nutritional benefits promoting a healthy food habit. Both the seafood dishes are known to offer significant health benefits making your choices diverse. Additionally, you can bake, fry, or even cook the dishes fully for welcoming a different taste each day. Shrimps usually, are known to carry great nutritional benefits featuring proteins, Vitamin D, omega3 acid, and low fat. The omega3Acid present in shrimps are known to fight cholesterol. Since, these carries less carbohydrate, anyone willing to lose weight can include the taste in his or her meal.
Now, coming to clams, these are also known to carry immense health benefits. This particular seafood also comes high in protein and the much-required significant elements of amino acids. It is also richly integrated with iron and anybody suffering from the deficiency can include clams in their food habit occasionally. Seafood is usually known to be high on contaminates; however, clams come off the fact featuring less contaminates. Soft-shells clams are rated the best in environment friendly food, while the hard shell ones are rated ok. This particular seafood, similar to shrimps is known to come with omega3 acids promoting a healthy heart.
Enjoy classic seafood recipes of shrimp and clams without much worry about your losing on your health. Eat healthy to stay healthy.